Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Halal

One of my fondest memories regarding the issue of halal was during the 2007 BBQ party organized by the university's Malaysian Students Association. Martin Tham, my predecessor as the President of the association, also notoriously known as very cheeky and a sweet-talker, playfully attempted to put his arm around me during a photo session. Realizing so, I twisted myself away from him and shrieked:

"Don't touch me, that's not halal!"


Everybody erupted into laughter including Martin's girlfriend who was looking after the meat grilling on the barbeque set. The set was ofcourse divided into the halal section for the Muslim students and the non-halal section. She then exclaimed:

"If it's not halal, Martin must be a pork then!"


Martin as a pork sure is the funniest remark ever! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment